Earlier this year, I took an amazing trip to California with my boyfriend to celebrate my birthday. We focused on the LA area and Malibu. As always, it took me a while to look through my photos and get them sorted out.
I’m going to start with my favorite part of the trip: Malibu!
I stayed at the Malibu Beach Inn which isa gorgeous little luxury hotel, with the most fabulous view of the Pacific Ocean. The rooms are pretty much on the water. My favorite thing to do was to open the sliding doors, sit on the balcony with a good book, and listen to the seagulls and the waves. The sound of the waves was incredibly soothing.
The service at the hotel is impeccable. The restaurant is exquisite. And it doesn’t hurt that the hotel provides guests with my favorite Molton Brown toiletries. It’s a bit of a splurge, but I highly recommend it.
See my list of favorites below, for more on what to do, where to eat and drink, and where to shop.
At the Malibu Beach Inn
- Visit one of the many Malibu wine tasting rooms and find a favorite wine to take home with you.
- Mid-day or Late Night Cocktails at the Carbon Beach Club
- The best breakfast you’ll ever have at Malibu Farm Cafe. It’s located at the end of the Malibu Pier.
- The freshest, prepared to order seafood at Malibu Seafood. You’ll order at the counter, and then take your food upstairs to the sitting area where you enjoy your meal with a magnificent view. They don’t serve alcohol, but feel free to bring your own wine.
- A dinner to celebrate a special occasion at Malibu Farm Restaurant. Don’t forget to make a reservation. It’s located at the front of the Malibu Pier.
- At Malibu Beach Supply at the Malibu Pier for souvenirs and nautical inspired home goods.
- At the many fun shops at the Malibu Country Mart and the Malibu Lumber Yard. Don’t miss the home goods and stationary at Burro.