A good friend asked me to come up with a simple dessert for her Easter brunch. A few little kids would be in attendance, so I knew it had to be something fun. Luckily, I had seen a post about cheesecake filled eggs on pinterest, and with a dozen chocolate Kinder eggs at hand the decision was an easy one.
Kinder eggs are milk chocolate on the outside with a layer of white chocolate on the inside, and they all come with a surprise toy inside the egg.
These are super easy to put together, and make a stunning and delicious dessert. You could serve these in just regular chocolate cups, or in small dessert dishes for a non-Easter themed dessert.
White Chocolate Cheesecake with Lemon Curd in Chocolate Eggs
Inspired by Raspberri Cupcakes
No Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
3/4 cup heavy cream
6 ounces cream cheese
3 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ounces white chocolate, melted, and cooled
¼ cup lemon curd
1. Cut a piece off the top of each chocolate egg. Refrigerate until ready to fill
2. Add the heavy cream to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip until stiff, place into a small container and refrigerate.
3. Place the cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and melted white chocolate in the bowl of the mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until all the ingredients are incorporated.
4. Pipe cheesecake into eggs. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. With a small spoon remove a small circle of cheesecake filling, and replace with lemon curd. Moisten your finger with water and push down on the lemon curd circle gently to make it flat.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve on an egg cup or on a plate scattered with cheesecake crust crumbles.
For cheesecake crust crumbles:
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1. Mix all ingredients together and place into a small baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 375°F. Let cool and crumble.
For Meyer lemon curd recipe go here.
Gorgeous eggs that I used for the lemon curd
And look at these beauties made of chewing gum. These would also be fun to fill.
Adorable AND they look delicious. Very creative.